Thursday 21 February 2013

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
by J.K.Rowling
(read in English with Mum)

Harry Potter is one of my favourite books, you can almost always see the pictures in your head when you read it.

It is about a boy called Harry who goes to live with his aunt and uncle because his mum and dad died. It was horrible living with the Dursleys. Once Harry got a letter (or lots of letters), but his aunt and uncle just burned them. Finally a giant comes to say he is a wizard! He goes to a school for witches and wizards called Hogwarts.

Harry makes friends with Ron and Hermione. Together they discover secrets. There was once a wizard at Hogwarts who turned bad, his name was Voldemort. Harry finds out about the Philosopher's Stone and then about the entrance to the chamber where the stone is. If Voldemort gets the stone he will get his own body and will destroy the world.

I just loved this book!

The bit that stuck in my head was when Ron's brothers were in the train station and their mother said "If I get an owl saying you've blown up a toilet seat...", "A toilet seat? We've never blown up a toilet seat, but good idea, thanks Mum."


This book is dramatic, sad, funny and mysterious. I just pick up this book and it became my favourite book (or one of my favourite books). You would love this book as much as I do. This book is worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment